Planning for the biggest day of your life is both an exciting and daunting task. The pressure is on to find the perfect wedding venue of your dreams (and budget), where you feel confident that your day will go without a hitch.
But if you are looking for that alternative venue, where do you start? Venues catering for Asian, African-Caribbean or ethnic weddings, can be hard to find, as can those unusual venues, which offer something very different to the standard marquee or hotel reception.
We spoke to East London’s CEME Conference Centre – a specialist in Asian, African-Caribbean and ethnic weddings – about their top tips for choosing a wedding venue.
- Have a clear budget in mind. Nicole Szucs, sales and marketing manager at CEME Conference Centre said, “Budget is everything. When you are visiting venues you need to have a clear understanding of what you are willing to pay for your venue hire, catering and entertainment. Falling in love with a venue you simply cannot afford can be heartbreaking, so be open and honest with yourself about your budget and then look for venues accordingly.”
- Don’t just take a venue on face value from their website. “Book a walk-round to see the space in person.” Suggests Nicole, “This also gives you an opportunity to discuss room layout, the different options available for your budget and to get a feel for the ambiance of the place. Don’t forget that areas that are normally dressed for weddings, may just be empty spaces, or being used for different requirements when you visit, so you may need to take your imagination with you!”
- Talk to the events team. Wedding venues will normally have some kind of in-house events team or organiser on board. Make sure you feel like they understand your requirements and can deliver on the day you want. You will be dealing with these guys on the run up to your wedding and on your big day. A great events team will be an invaluable asset and will go out of their way to make sure you have the occasion you deserve.
- Make sure any quotes you get are like-for-like and that your venue offers both value, professionalism and flexibility. “Some set packages may seem cheap to start off with, but if you want more guests or a few extras, then the price really starts to hike up.” Warns Nicole. “Look out for venues like CEME who have signed up to a Fair Pricing Policy, a customer charter and abide by the Meetings Industry Code of Practice to deliver outstanding value with the highest levels of quality and service.”
- Choose a venue that can offer you a wide range of quality options for catering and drinks. Flexible venues will give options for drinks receptions, cash bar, hot buffets, sit down three course meals, Asian and African-Caribbean cuisine, BBQs (in summer months) and the like. Some venues like CEME will even allow you to bring in your own caterers too (for a small charge).
- Choose a venue that is experienced in delivering your type of wedding. “Your expectations are going to be high, your wedding venue of choice has to be up to the mark. Choosing a venue that truly understands what you want from your big occasion will take a lot of stress out of the planning.”
So, if you looking for a modern, unique, wedding venue, with an award winning events team, then East London’s CEME Conference Centre could be the venue for you. Get in touch on +44 (0) 20 8596 5151 email email@example.com or contact us online to discuss your big day.< Back